Monday, April 13, 2009

"Crawling"

Baby Leigh, or "Lee-Lee/Li-Li," as Danny has taken to calling her, has been wriggling across our mat. It's definitely a volitional and goal-directed form of locomotion, but it doesn't exactly look like crawling. It's more of a generalized spasm of fat-padded arms and legs, punctuated with facedown "breaks" which last anywhere from 5 seconds to eternity, which result in LRV moving towards a toy. In this case, teething rings. Li-Li moves a couple feet and we're all happy.
I love the lifted eyebrow.
Sort of like, "I'm sick, any normal family would have me in the hospital, and you people are making me do THIS? For some rings? Rings?!"
DHV dancing for joy at the occasion.
"Who you laughin' at?!"

7 comments:

arthur and maggie said...

Hey Pete, how does that lifted eyebrow make you feel?

Pete said...

Creeped out, a little. I mean, that is some Vining DNA that will live on to haunt a man or two...I had to ban the lifted eyebrow from ERV, but she can't always control it. It's a powerful weapon; I hope Leigh uses it wisely.

DKV said...

If you tell her to "just relax" does she give you the eyebrow?

Unknown said...

I personally like the eyebrow very much. And I also like that snazzy new haircut Danny is sporting.

Lindy said...

I think anyone who is told to "just relax" should give the eyebrow.

Leigh looks adorable. I hope she feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

If people would relax other people wouldn't have to remind them.

Lindy said...

Anonymous:Just relax!