Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Breaking News . . .

The pulmonologist says one week, plus or minus, until decannulation (removal of the trach)!
Whoa!

Here's a video of DHV reviewing all the different kinds of trucks. I used to be quite confounded by tots and their secret language. Then I paid someone to subtitle everything and it was all clear.

And here's a video of Leigh trying out her voice. We just got a special "speaking valve" which allows air to go past her vocal cords. She sounds like the baby dinosaur-child of a goose that married a Wookie with emphysema. Enjoy.

Like that sound of one hand clapping? Another Rutledge liked to do that, too.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY!! This is GREAT news!

Anonymous said...

THATS SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YA'LL!!
-CHARLYN

Stacey said...

Yay! This is excellent.

Stacey said...

Ok, one more comment. Danny knows what a backhoe loader is? Seriously?

DKV said...

Seriously.

There is some confusion between a backhoe loader and an excavator. He likes excavators more, so backhoes usually get classified as excavators.

Ella said...

Will Leigh's voice be different after decannulation? I hope not!

Maureen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What wonderful news!!!

zwicker said...

that's got to be the sweetest dinosaur child or a goose married to an emphysematous Wookie I've ever heard! and I must profess that subtitles weren't necessary thanks to my extensive toddler=speak training (particular with random construction/ truck words). Danny's got quite the vocabulary!

Lindy said...

Yea Leigh!!!!!!

I am so happy for all of you. What a great job you have done to get Leigh to this place.

Can Danny come with me to choose my next car? I am sure he knows more about vehicles that I could ever know. Wait- maybe I would end up with an excavator.

Pete said...

This makes me so anticipatory to witness some conversations between these two. Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

It's been one week + one day. What's the word?? Inquiring minds...