Thursday, March 18, 2010

Last Day in Portland

During his epic meltdown on trip day 2, Danny told me, "6 days is toooo loooong. I don't like this place. I want to go home to our regular home in Nu Haven!"

By the end he was saying "that was really fast!"

Here's a morning shot in the Rock house. Every morning Pete fills up that creamer with orange juice and warms it up in the microwave. Ida then pours it back and forth; Miki crawls around like a wounded soldier, yelling for a medic.We ate lunch with MAV, met all her attorney friends, and rode the Portland Tram. Danny wouldn't let me take a picture of him on the tram, but "next to this trash can" was okay.Maggie and Arthur have a good neighborhood thing going on. In this photo, I think only one person in the front yard actually lives in the house. That would be the kid with the green vest and firefighter boots, Walker.
Arthur brought us over the day before and Walker immediately asked Danny if he wanted to play. A minute later he told me, "I have an astronaut suit!", ran inside, put it on, and continued to play baseball. The next night Danny and I were eating a cookie in the Bradford driveway when we heard the front door open and Walker cry, "Do you want to play!?" Danny answered, "Yeah!" and ran over there. This all confirms what I realized a few months ago - DHV needs a big brother. I snapped some group photos during a break in the action (Danny hit that window in the background a few times, a hazard area for lefty hitters). D Hawk wouldn't stop hamming it up.Yes, he did wear that McNabb jersey each day. He wore a Ryan Howard shirt under it, too.

That night we slept at the Bradfords and had bedtime story with Theo and Elsie. Soon after this photo Theo started to climb on Dannys head and he started screeching.Lastly, a bonus photo of Theo looking for worms to eat.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Thanks for the thoroughly documenting the Portland trip.

Ella said...

Lookin good, Pete!

Pete said...

I remember it like it were yesterday. But what in the HECK are you doing now?