Tuesday, September 10, 2013

C-Diff Cure


On Day 9, Leigh left the hospital.
On Day 10, she slept all day and sweated through her clothes. She had the c-diff diarrhea.
 So I did what any red-blooded 'Merican parent would do - I fixed her.

This is exactly what you think it is. Hanako's magic beans. The recipe only called for 2 grams per 500mL of sterile saline. I told Susannah, "I'm going heavy on the active ingedient." She replied, "How did I know you were going to do that?"
 The magic potion, after processing.
And Leigh never had diarrhea again. The End.

4 comments:

Lindy said...

Yay for you Dan. Just heard a discussion of this on NPR. Federal Drug etc. is insisting on all kinds of rigorous testing before releasing this as a "approved" treatment.

Leigh is so lucky to have you!!!!!

Ella said...

Next time my dog gets bloody poop I will get you a ticket to Portland. This time flagyl did the trick

arthur and maggie said...

Please post more pictures of your kids poop and also the actual procedure.

Shortly after you did this there was a story about it on NPR. I think you should become the "Guru of fecal transplants" and spread the word!

Also, perhaps that crossbow could be employed in the procedure as well.

DKV said...

First, check facebook for a recent photo of Hanako making a donation.
Second, click on the "patient care" tab here: http://medicine.yale.edu/emergencymed/people/daniel_vining-4.profile