Thursday, May 8, 2008

Haircut!

Leigh continues to do her thing in the NICU:
Not better.
Not better.
Not better.
Not better.
Not better.
Maybe better.
5 am call to let us know she is, in fact, not better.

We're decorating her incubator these days. Rosie the Riveter, in RN attire, is now on 24 hour bedside duty. DHV will soon join her, along with St. Christopher. Documentation of this will follow, date TBD.
DKV has been reading The Wind in the Willows. Leigh falls asleep every time. Unfortunately, so does SHV.

DHV continues to do his thing in the outside world. Mom and Dad took him to get his first hair cut yesterday afternoon - for every "we're thinking about you" we get one, "when are you going to cut THAT?"
Before, hugging his new singing dog.

At the barber shop, from the back.

Snip, snip.
He actually behaved quite well, as long as SHV was singing Wiggles songs.
Ten minutes later our cute "free-range baby"
was transformed into a little boy,
complete with tantrums
and new favorite word,
"MINE!"

Looks at those ears!

10 comments:

arthur and maggie said...

For the record, uncle Arthur liked it long. But he looks pretty sharp with the new 'do as well. Who'll be next, Elsie, or Ida?

Pete said...

Whoa. Handsome. I like it both ways, but this is going to cut into my one line of joking about D. Hawk until he grows a cool rat tail or something. Which, for the record, is what uncle Arthur had back in his prep school days (he had to go there because he kept getting mugged in NYC because of his Thompson Twins 'do).

Go Leigh!

arthur and maggie said...

I think Leigh will perk up once she meets some of the West Coast Vining women.

dannibanani said...

He is such a little cutie!! I love the new 'do!

Stacey M said...

What a handsome little man. I know a very cute little girl in Raleigh who would love to meet him.

I also love Rosie the Riveter and think she will provide excellent inspiration for Leigh when Momma Bear can't be by her side.

Pete said...

I'm glad I'm coming east so I can check out SHV's ears; because these recently revealed ears of DKV look very Vining to me.

Courtney said...

What a handsome devil he is! Love the new 'do. Continued prayers that Leigh improves and love and hugs to everyone!

Thea said...

Happy Mothers Day to one of the most incredibly strong women I have known. Best to you and yours :)

Thea
PS - Liv says Danny's haircut is "cute" :)

Anonymous said...

Susannah-just wanted to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day. Thinking of you and Leigh lots and hoping and praying and sending all my positive energy your way that each day she will get stronger. Hugs to you and your family. Dan has done a great job with this blog-I love his sense of humor. Danny looks really precious with his new hair cut.

Erin and Ollie

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day Susannah!! You and your beautiful family are on my mind every day. I love Danny's new haircut! Such a big boy (sniff, sniff). I'm happy to hear Leigh is continuing to progress. I'm sorry it's not as quickly as I'm sure you'd like, but tomorrow is another day. I'm sure that's your mantra by now. Maybe try some Spice Girls, Girl Power!! I loved the pics of all of that liquid gold in the freezer. Goodness knows it's not easy to come by. Here's hoping Leigh will be ready to belly up to the bar sometime very soon!!
Love,
Stephanie and Charlie