Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Social Butterfly

Leigh has become very interested in faces lately. She stares intently with wide eyes and then, if the owner of the face in question is lucky, she cracks a big old smile. Given this new interest, we are trying harder than ever to supply her with interesting new people to look at. Sunday was an especially social day for the little one. First Grandma Stef and Grandpa Lee stopped by and finally got to hold her, after many months of patiently waiting.



Then Kasey paid an evening visit and even tried her hand at bottle feeding (with a little assistance from DKV at times).

When she's not entertaining Leigh concentrates on growing. She hit 9 lbs today! Hopefully she'll get on that home vent by the end of the week and we'll be one step closer to discharge.

6 comments:

Kathy Days said...

Hi there,
I'm a friend of Dan's from elementary school...I just recently found him on facebook, and wandered over to your blog here. I read your story and just wanted to say that my mother heart is bleeding for you. I'm so sorry about losing your sweet baby, and I'm praying hard for Leigh's healing. I hope you get to bring her home soon!
With love and prayers from NJ-
Kathy

Anonymous said...

In the sleeping Leigh picture Leigh looks just like her cousin Theo.

What about some photos of the haircut?

SHV said...

What haircut?

Nick C. said...

Leigh looks beautiful! I can't wait to see her and you guys again. I am looking at Saturday, December 20th.. how does that sounds for a reunion in New Haven?

SHV said...

That sounds great Nick. I'm putting you on our calendar.

Pete said...

What about the haircut?

And is Leigh named after Lee?