Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Day in the Park

It was a beautiful day in Philly so Mommy decided to take DHV to the Schuykill dog park (that's school-kill to you notadelphians) for some outdoor play. DHV was pretty excited about the change of scenery (the same patch of rug on the living room floor gets pretty old after a while). At first he was distracted by the comings and goings of various characters around him. Here he tries to woo some ladies by showing off his pile of rainbow rings, "I'm the Donald Trump of plastic!"
But then Mommy covered up his head (unlike some cousins, DHV doesn't have a mop of hair, a tri-hawk, or a swarthy complexion to protect his scalp from the sun) and slapped on a saliva-sopping bib and he was ready for some full-on open-atmosphere playtime.
These plastic rings that Grandma and Grandpa Vining gave him for Christmas are one of his favorite toys.
"If I smash this green and red together will I get a brown one that matches my outfit?"
Too bad they don't quite fit in his mouth.
"Mommy, I think this is the same special green donut you gave me yesterday. Yum, tastes like . . . green plastic with a thin coating of dried drool!"
DHV took advantage of this opportunity to fake Mommy out and make her think he was about to crawl. He was not.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

husband dkv started out as fair skinned as his spawn but ended up the swarthiest of the lot. we'll see who is the fairest of them all in 5 years. my money is on ida who i predict will have red hair and freckles.

Anonymous said...

"whom" I predict. it's "whom" whenever in doubt. grammar!

Anonymous said...

IDA WILL NEVER HAVE RED HAIR!

I do really admire DHV's move to the bib, though. Ladies love a man wearing a bib.

Ella said...

It's true, if Ida ever starts to grow a red hair on her head, I'm going to open up a can of whoop-ass. I mean, hair dye.

SHV said...

One should never say never... especially in light of the uncertainty surrounding Ida's parentage.

Anonymous said...

sometimes I wonder about DHV's parentage. is he in fact my son? if he is, wouldn't he defecate more? how can i be sure that he will be an Eagles fan? but perhaps his blog is not the place to ponder such thoughts...

SHV said...

Someone has been posting under a fake-DKV log-in. I am thinking it is Pete. Just to set the record straight, DHV is quite regular and will, of course, be an Eagles fan.

Ella said...

I have commented as Ella and occasionally as occhio, but never as DKV--I suspect Margaret, undercover.

Pete said...

Whoa! Sorry, I meant to sign the above comment by myself, not by Ella. It's so tricky! Anyways, I definitely did not post the fake-DKV comment. It sounds like something he'd say, though. I'm just sayin.